Our most important investments are our people. Our team members represent the commitment in our ownership, and those who actively support our companies building sustainable values. Please read more about our co-workers and the career paths and opportunities below
Become a part of Nalka?
Investment team and business support
Our ambition at Nalka is to develop independent, competitive and long-term profitable business. We do this with an active and focused investment approach, where we combine in-house sector and local market expertise with access to long-term capital for strategic development and growth.
Passion, experience and humbleness
We have a current portfolio of 11 Nordic companies with an international presence, managed by a strong local team of investment professionals and business support, based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are also building a team in Munich, Germany, focusing on investments in the DACH region.
We come from different backgrounds and experiences but are joined by a genuine passion for business, trade and industry and a long-term perspective on business and relations.
Our work is characterized by thoroughness, humility and cooperation. Still, we must always evolve, improve and we welcome different ways of thinking. We are always interested in getting in touch with new people, who share our core values. If you are interested to hear more about Nalka as a workplace, please use below contact information or check the opportunities under our current openings.
General inquiries, Stockholm
We are always interested in getting in touch with people who share our values. Curious about Nalka and which opportunities there are at the Stockholm office?
Please send us an email to email@example.com along with a cover letter and resume.
Investment Associate, Munich
Nalka has made a strategic move to enter the DACH private equity market. We are now seeking bright and ambitious junior investment professionals to become part of our growing team in Munich.
We seek to hire junior colleagues with a long-term perspective and will provide you with excellent career development opportunities
We have a very distinctive heritage which is a major asset in relationship building and deal sourcing, and our owners and management are rightly protective of the values and identity we represent. Increasingly culture is what differentiates firms in the PE mid-market and with the special heritage that we have, an excellent team fit is a must. Compensation is competitive, however finding alignment on culture and values will be critical for any candidate to be considered.
- This role incorporates all aspects of the deal cycle, from research to origination to execution, including active portfolio involvement in strong cooperation with the rest of the team, interacting closely with the existing team in the Nordics
- Assessing the attractiveness of potential investment opportunities through financial modelling as well as conducting market and strategic analyses
- Initiate and drive sector searches in close cooperation with the Nordic team
- Working closely with the local MD and the other team members to ensure that all investments are executed, managed, and supervised to the highest standards
- Hands on value creation in the DACH portfolio. The flexible investment mandate offers significant opportunity to drive a wide range of long-range initiatives.
- Strong educational background (bachelor’s or master’s degree) from a reputable university, including international experiences
- 2-4y prior professional M&A experience from top-tier investment bank or management consulting, or private equity firm
- Highly numerate, exceptional commercial judgement and financial analysis skills with a hands-on working attitude.
- Down to earth mentality, willingness to learn and a good sense of humor. Resilient individual with empathy and team player attitude
- A humble personal style, but a proactive and ambitious approach to tasks; bringing creativity and enthusiasm, together with authenticity, transparency and integrity
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills, able to guide and lead advisors and other participants in deal situations with conviction
- Able to quickly take on responsibility and independently manage due diligence workstreams
- Work with the senior management of portfolio companies across the entire portfolio management cycle
- Native German language skills, excellent English skills and an international mindset
Interested in the role as Investment Associate in Munich? Please share your resumé and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Investment Analyst
In our internship program you will become a Junior Investment Analyst at Nalka, contributing to investment evaluation, financial analysis, market research and development of our current portfolio holdings. You work directly with our investment teams and sometimes also directly with our portfolio companies.
Our Junior Investment Analyst program offers first-hand experience of how Nalka works to develop independent, competitive and long-term profitable companies. In addition, our program also enables you to maintain focus on completing your education as we, together, tailor your workload to find a good balance with your academic schedule. You will have an assigned mentor, supporting your development through-out your time at Nalka.
Who are you?
We are looking for ambitious students, with both a financial and strategic mind-set. You should enjoy independent work, taking initiatives and have the ability to take a project forward.
Candidates should be students of a Bachelor or Master program (year 3-5) at Handelshögskolan, KTH or other similar financial and/or accounting university education.
Previous work experience, internships or trainee positions within relevant industries, such as investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity is preferable but not a pre-requisite.
How to apply
Our Junior Investment Analysts positions typically cover at least one full semester (January – June or September – December) and candidates must be able to allocate on average between 2-3 full time working days per week during this time. Fluency in Swedish and/or other Nordic language, and a high proficiency in English, is required.
In general, we recruit two Junior Investment Analysts per semester.
When to apply?
Our deadline for applying for a position in spring (January-June) is November 15th, respectively May 15th for applying to the fall semester (September-December). In general, we recruit two Junior Investment Analysts per semester.
If you would like to apply, please share your cv, a short cover letter, transcript of grades and information regarding which time-period you are applying for, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions regarding the position of Junior Investment Analyst, don’t hesitate to contact us.
We Do Not Shy Away From...
To our portfolio companies and take responsibility for their future development. We are not asking you to lie sleepless at night, but you are always ready to lead by example.
With colleagues, management teams, co-owners and other partners. You understand that every investment is a partnership, where everyone must be allowed to contribute.
In every decision. You understand that successful business rely on a long-term structure and vision.
Are You Wired the Same Way?
We are always interested in getting in touch with people who share our values. We are also continually looking for interns who, during a period of time (alongside their studies) joins our investment team. Feel free to contact us if you feel that we can develop together.
Send us an email on email@example.com
Please attach a personal letter and your resumé.