Our most important investments are our people. Our team members represent the commitment in our ownership, and those who actively support our companies building sustainable values. Please read more about our co-workers and the career paths and opportunities below
Become a part of Nalka?
Investment team and business support
Our ambition at Nalka is to develop independent, competitive and long-term profitable business. We do this with an active and focused investment approach, where we combine in-house sector and local market expertise with access to long-term capital for strategic development and growth.
Passion, experience and humbleness
We have a current portfolio of 11 companies with an international presence, managed by a strong local teams of investment professionals and business support, based in Stockholm, Sweden and Munich, Germany.
We come from different backgrounds and experiences but are joined by a genuine passion for business, trade and industry and a long-term perspective on business and relations.
Our work is characterized by thoroughness, humility and cooperation. Still, we must always evolve, improve and we welcome different ways of thinking. We are always interested in getting in touch with new people, who share our core values. If you are interested to hear more about Nalka as a workplace, please use below contact information or check the opportunities under our current openings.
Investment Associate, Stockholm
Nalka invests in market-leading small- and medium-sized businesses based in the Nordic and DACH regions with international ambition and reach. We are in an expansive phase and recently established our new team and office in Munich.
Our ambition at Nalka is to develop independent, competitive and long-term profitable businesses. We do this with an active and focused investment approach, where we combine in-house sector and local market expertise, extensive experience in developing companies with access to long-term capital for strategic development and growth.
Our team in Munich focuses on investments in the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) whilst our team in Stockholm focuses mainly on the Nordic region. We are now looking to grow our Stockholm investment team with one bright and ambitious junior investment professional on Associate level. The preferred timeline to start is during fall 2023.
Nalka is owned by Interogo Holding, a foundation-owned investment group based in Switzerland. Investment strategies include private and long-term equity, real estate, infrastructure, and liquid assets. Nalka is a part of the private equity strategy.
– This role is based in Stockholm and incorporates all aspects of the deal cycle, from research to origination to execution, including active portfolio involvement in strong cooperation with the rest of the team, interacting closely with our colleagues in Munich.
– You assess the attractiveness of potential investment opportunities through financial modelling as well as conducting market and strategic analysis.
– You initiate and drive sector searches.
– You work closely with the local team members to ensure that all investments are executed, managed, and supervised to the highest standards.
– Hands-on value creation in Nalka’s Nordic portfolio. The flexible investment mandate offers significant opportunity to drive add-on acquisitions and other strategic initiatives.
– Strong educational background (bachelor’s or master’s degree) from a reputable university, including international experiences.
– 2-4y prior professional M&A experience from top-tier investment bank or management consulting, or private equity firm
– Highly numerate, exceptional commercial judgement and financial analysis skills with a hands-on working attitude.
– Down to earth mentality, willingness to learn and a good sense of humour. A resilient and patient team player with empathy.
– A humble personal style, but with a proactive and ambitious approach to tasks; bringing creativity and enthusiasm, together with authenticity, transparency and integrity.
– Strong stakeholder and project management skills, able to guide and lead advisors and other participants in deal situations.
– Able to quickly take on responsibility and independently manage due diligence workstreams.
– Work with the senior management of portfolio companies across the entire portfolio management cycle
– Native Swedish or other Nordic language skills, excellent English skills and an international mindset. German language skills are meritorious.
Read more about our business and what it is like to work at Nalka at www.nalka.com/career.
If you are interested in the role as Investment Associate in Stockholm, please share your resumé and short cover letter to email@example.com.
Junior Investment Analyst
In our internship program you will become a Junior Investment Analyst at Nalka, contributing to investment evaluation, financial analysis, market research and development of our current portfolio holdings. You work directly with our investment teams and sometimes also directly with our portfolio companies.
Our Junior Investment Analyst program offers first-hand experience of how Nalka works to develop independent, competitive and long-term profitable companies. In addition, our program also enables you to maintain focus on completing your education as we, together, tailor your workload to find a good balance with your academic schedule. You will have an assigned mentor, supporting your development through-out your time at Nalka.
Who are you?
We are looking for ambitious students, with both a financial and strategic mind-set. You should enjoy independent work, taking initiatives and have the ability to take a project forward.
Candidates should be students of a Bachelor or Master program (year 3-5) at Handelshögskolan, KTH or other similar financial and/or accounting university education.
Previous work experience, internships or trainee positions within relevant industries, such as investment banking, management consulting and/or private equity is preferable but not a pre-requisite.
How to apply
Our Junior Investment Analysts positions typically cover at least one full semester (January – June or September – December) and candidates must be able to allocate on average between 2-3 full time working days per week during this time. To work at our Stockholm based team, fluency in Swedish and/or other Nordic language, and a high proficiency in English, is required. To work in our Munich based team, fluent German is required.
Applications for the Stockholm team
Our deadline for applying for a position in spring (January-June) is November 15th, respectively May 15th for applying to the fall semester (September-December). In general, we recruit two Junior Investment Analysts per semester.
If you would like to apply, please share your cv, a short cover letter, transcript of grades and information regarding which time-period you are applying for, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you have any additional questions regarding the position of Junior Investment Analyst, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Private Equity evening recruiting event in Stockholm – 25th of October, 18.00 CET
If you are interested in our internship program or a future Associate position here at Nalka, we are hosting an evening recruiting event for final year BSc students and MSc students. During the event, you will be introduced to Nalka as a company and our take on the Private Equity industry in general. We will also challenge you to assess one of our previous investments in a case format. And of course, dinner will be served!
Interested to join? Send your CV and 5-10 sentences regarding why you wish to participate to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 13th of October.
Applications for the Munich team
Our newly established team in Munich is actively recruiting for candidates for the Spring of 2024. Apply via email@example.com
We Do Not Shy Away From...
To our portfolio companies and take responsibility for their future development. We are not asking you to lie sleepless at night, but you are always ready to lead by example.
With colleagues, management teams, co-owners and other partners. You understand that every investment is a partnership, where everyone must be allowed to contribute.
In every decision. You understand that successful business rely on a long-term structure and vision.
Are You Wired the Same Way?
We are always interested in getting in touch with people who share our values. We are also continually looking for interns who, during a period of time (alongside their studies) joins our investment team. Feel free to contact us if you feel that we can develop together.
Send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach a personal letter and your resumé.